Compress a file on your Mac or PC
If you have multiple files to send to us we suggest putting those files into a folder and then compress that folder into a transferable archive, or .zip file. This will save time on your end, uploading only one file versus several. On our end, your project downloads cleanly in one folder.
This is the process if you want to compress files on a Windows system:
1. Find the file or folder you want to compress.
4. Right click on the file.
5. Choose "send to" from the on-screen menu which appeared when you right-clicked the file.
6. Select "compressed (zipped) folder" from the list of available options for where to "send" your file to.
7. This will create your compressed file.
When you are ready to un-compress your file, you will once again find the file on your computer and right-click on it, choosing "extract all" from the available options so that you can retrieve the original version of your files.
This is the process if you want to compress files on a Mac system:
1. Locate the file or folder that you wish to compress.
2. Control-click on the file.
3. Choose "Create Archive" from the list of available options.
4. This will create your compressed file.
5. Double-click on the archive to un-compress the file.